End Credits

Reviews of films, both new and old.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Party Time

So today was the party, and I think it went pretty well. It seemed like everyone had a great time, and I came out of it with more money than when I started. It was nice to be able to introduce myself and my movie to everyone, and let them see that I'm really serious about this and that I'm not completely crazy. (Maybe a little, but not completely) It was also a great opportunity to see some people I haven't seen in a while, and know that there is an army (ok, more like a guerilla group) of people out there who are willing to support me. We showed everyone my movies, and most of my friends haven't seen all of my films, since dragging them out is akin to pulling out a photo album whenever someone comes over (or if you're on a plane next to a random stranger who wants to share their life with you...).
We also showed everyone my paintings, and several people expressed an interest in having something painted for their newly painted/barely decorated homes. That makes me feel good for two reasons: First, they like my work, and second, they like it enough to pay for it. I think that's pretty cool. But then again, I have cool friends. As much as the party was about me me me, I'm glad I got the chance to hang with so many people I don't get to hang with often enough, and introduce all the people in my life to each other, which I hope was enjoyable for everyone. And I hope everyone who won a prize is happy with it. Hopefully we'll get to do another prize thing next time.

So all told, we made around $500, which is a great start in my opinion. Thanks to everyone who came and helped me out. I'm hoping everyone had a great time and will want to come to the next shindig we cook up. Either way, consider this my first (but not last) thank you to everyone who helped the film out today. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to a post a comment about "strangers on a plane." You know, like the Marine who was in South America (but couldn't tell me where) and pulled out his photo album. Of course, you're happily watching "Titanic" as I suffer through his never-ending tales.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home