End Credits

Reviews of films, both new and old.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

After Sleep

Sometimes I forget how different the rest of the country is. And then I spend a night in Utah, and the kid at the front desk is offering to call a restaurant for me to find out if they deliver, and when he calls back, he lists several places he called, but no one delivers because it's Utah and it's ten o'clock at night. In Cali they would probably just say "I don't know" and hang up. The other side of Utah is that I saw an enormous billboard advertising a sheep festival. I'm not sure what happens at a sheep festival, but it just might be my next documentary.

I've always thought that Utah is a beautiful state. I'm amazed by the colors and shapes of the rocks, and it's comforting to see wide open spaces with no lights or buildings for miles.

Tonight I stay with Ma and Pa, and tomorrow pick up my cinematographer at the airport. George and Jason (whom I've affectionately began calling "The Boys") are staying at a fancy schmancy Marriott in Vail, so I hope they are enjoying it. Tomorrow will be the last chance we'll have for any last minute pre-production planning, and then we'll get started early on Saturday and hope the weather cooperates.

So, if my sister has internet access, I'll try to update on how things are going and see if I can get those pictures to work, and if not, you'll all just have to wait with bated breath for the next installment of "The Drama of Making Drama", also known as "There's a reason they call me the Queen..."

Until after sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home