End Credits

Reviews of films, both new and old.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Red Shoes


After the horse thing, we packed everything back into the house and stopped for lunch. While we ate, we watched the rain come down in torrents, and I don't know about anyone else, but I was wondering was the hell I was going to do if the weather didn't clear up. I was comforted by the burgers and salad my sister and her husband whipped up (because they are amazing and super cool), and by the fact that the top layer of soil there is mostly sand, so if it did stop raining, we wouldn't have to worry about a bunch of mud.

Then Ryan and I talked about the next thing we wanted to shoot, and when it stopped raining, we decided to go with our "curve in the road" shot,
which would require loading up a bunch of stuff into the vehicles and drive to the one we had all picked out. My niece rode along and I donned the wool outfit I inherited from my grandmother (whose vintage clothes are so cool I take any opportunity I get to wear them) and the red shoes I borrowed from the costume department.

I stood out on the curve, waiting for Ryan and George to get everything just right for the camera, and simultaneously watching a big dark cloud coming over the bluff. There may have been some praying going on too, but there may have been some swearing. I don't really remember. However, it did start to rain a bit, and I gritted my teeth and hoped they would shoot it asap. Unfortunately, making films is a slow process, and sometimes it means I have to stand around in the wind or rain or whatever every now and then.

So in the end, we got the shot, and I hope it's going to look cool, even though I was semi-rained-on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home