End Credits

Reviews of films, both new and old.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Location, Location, Location

Ok, I'm taking a break from telling you what happened to talk about what is happening. Filmmaking can be very frustrating and very slow sometimes. And this just happens to be one of those times. This is the time where I lament the fact that I have no producer, because having to do everything myself makes it harder and slower to get things done.

Currently, I'm working on getting locations for our next shoot secure, and it is proving to be more difficult than I imagined it would be. I thought I had a place (I need a house), because there was a verbal agreement, but when it came down to it, they reneged, which put me back in the drawing board stage. I've put the word out to various friends and acquaintances, but so far haven't had much luck. I also tried the SD Film Commission, but unfortunately, much of their information is out of date, which means that if I want a certain house, I would have to go knock on their door, which is not something I feel comfortable doing. I know there are people out there that are comfortable doing that, but I am not one of them. Besides, I need what is in the picture, and if the furniture has changed (as it probably has if the phone number has changed), then there's a good chance it won't be what I envisioned.

It's nuts to think I'm getting tripped up on something so elementary as locations, but you know they are everything. And through this process, I'm learning that compromising means that I'm compromising, which isn't good. Anyway, I'm confident that once I get this part taken care of, the rest will be easier, since it ends up being paperwork and paying after the negotiations are complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home